This is what you should expect when a foot nurse visits you:
Your first appointment may last up to 60 minutes.
The foot care Nurse will:
- take a history of current and past health conditions
- including medications -especially those for blood sugar control and blood clot prevention/anti-arrhythmia.
Next, the Nurse will inspect and document
- lower extremities, feet, skin and toenail health
- your footwear, checking for proper fit
- trimming & filing toenails
- reducing thick nails, calluses and corns-- if needed
- removing ingrowing part of nail
- cleansing, application of cream and foot massage
The Nurse will talk with you through the visit and will share information on prevention, health promotion and services available to you in the community.
If problems are discovered, the Nurse may recommend for you to visit your medical doctor.
For your well being, it is your responsibility to follow through. Proper foot care can improve one’s overall comfort and stability.
When to schedule your next appointment?
Every 6 to 8 weeks to maintain healthy feet and nails.
Every 4 to 6 weeks for underlying medical conditions.